NY Style Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 1/4 cup ground graham cracker crumbs
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 4 Tbsp melted butter or margarine
- 4 packages (8 ounce each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pan of hot water in bottom of oven.
- Prepare 9 inch springform pan with foil and spray as directed above.
- Grind graham crackers in a food processor or crush very fine with a rolling pin.
- Mix crust ingredients and pat only on the bottom of prepared pan.
- In a mixing bowl on medium speed, beat cream cheese until smooth ~ about 3 minutes. Scrape down sides.
- Add sugar and cornstarch and beat again, scraping a few times. The mixture should be smooth.
- Add vanilla, eggs and egg whites 2 at a time. Beat until creamy.
- Slowly add the cream and beat only enough so there are no lumps and the filling is nice and fluffy. Scrape as needed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes.
- See above for further baking, cooling, serving and freezing instructions.
- Sour cream topping variation: see below
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
Recept på Svenska se på grund recept på A'la Leila....